Last updated: March 20, 2020
Refined Digital considers your privacy and happiness to be of absolute importance. The below information is here to help you understand how Refined Digital and all its subsidiaries and affiliates, including but not limited to Refined Diamond, Refined Digital, Refined Edition and Refined Travel Group collect and use your information. If you have any further questions please don’t hesitate to contact us here
In this policy, ‚Äúpersonal information‚Äù means any information relating to an identified or identifiable individual.
Information We Collect and Receive
We collect and receive information about users in a few different ways:
- Information you give us. You can give us information directly. For example:
- When you sign up for a Refined Digital account you may give us information such as your name, zip code, and date of birth;
- When you purchase one of our paid services, you give us your billing information, which may include your credit card data;
- When you post comments in response to a story or video on any of our Services, we-and other users-receive that information; and
- When you otherwise contact us or provide us information directly.
- Information we collect or receive when you use our services. We also collect or receive information when you use our Services. We collect some of this information using cookies, web beacons, and other technologies. Depending on how you access and use our Services, we may receive:
- Log information. This is information we automatically collect and store such as when you use our Services or other companies’ websites and apps. It may include, for example:
- Information about your interactions with the websites, apps, and other services you use, the content you view, the search queries you submit, and information in cookies and similar technologies; and
- Information about how you access those websites, apps, and other services, your browser or operating system, your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address, and the website you visited before visiting our Services.
- Device information. This is information we automatically collect and store about the device you use when you access our Services. Device information includes, for example:
- The type of device you’re using (e.g., an iPhone);
- Certain device identifiers which may be unique to your device; and
- Your Internet service provider.
- Location information. This information can include your device’s GPS signal and information about Bluetooth connections, nearby WiFi networks, cell towers, and other types of precise location. We get this information, for example, when you use location-enabled services.
- Information from third-party sources. We may receive additional information about you that is publicly or commercially available and combine it along with the information we have collected or received about you in other ways. Also, we receive information about you when you choose to connect with social networking services while using our Services.
Additionally, when you use Refined Digital software, we may collect information about other software on your device for the limited purposes of providing the service you are using and improving the security of our services.
How We Use the Information We Collect and Receive
We use the information we collect and receive for the following general purposes:
- To provide our Services. We use the information we collect and receive to provide you with the Services you use or request.
- To improve our Services. We also use the information we collect and receive to provide content and advertising that people are likely to find relevant and engaging.
- To provide effective advertising. Many of our Services are supported by advertising, and some of our Services provide advertising across your devices on our own and others‚Äô websites and apps.
How We Share the Information We Collect and Receive
We don’t rent or sell personal information
We may share information with:
- Affiliates. The information an Refined Digital affiliate receives can be shared among other Refined Digital affiliates. Refined Digital affiliates may use the information consistent with their privacy policies.
- Business partners. We may share non-personally identifiable information with select business partners, who may use the information for a variety of purposes, including to provide you with relevant advertising.
- Other parties in response to legal process or when necessary to protect our Services. We may disclose your information-including the contents of your communications-in response to legal process or other legal purposes, including when we have a good faith belief that:
- It is necessary to respond to lawful governmental requests or legal process (for example, a court order, search warrant, or subpoena);
- The information is relevant to a crime that has been or is being committed;
- An emergency exists that poses a threat to your safety or the safety of another person; or
- It is necessary to protect the rights or property of Refined Digital.
- Other parties in connection with certain business transactions. In the event that the ownership of Refined Digital or an affiliate or their assets changes as a result of a merger, acquisition, sale of assets, or in the unlikely event of a bankruptcy, your information may be transferred to another company. If we believe a transfer results in a material change in the use of the information we’ve collected or received about you, you will receive notice and be offered choices consistent with applicable law.
- Companies that provide services to us. Companies that provide services to us or act on our behalf may have access to information about you. These companies are limited in their ability to use information they receive in the course of providing services to us.
Third Parties that Provide Content, Advertising Services, or Functionality on Our Services
Some of the content, advertising, and functionality on our Services may be provided by third parties that are not affiliated with us. Such third parties include:
- Advertising providers, which help us and our advertising customers provide ads that are tailored to users’ interests and understand how users respond to those ads.
- Audience-measurement companies, which help us measure the overall usage of our Services and compare that usage to other online services.
We don’t control the privacy practices of these (or any other) third-party services. So we encourage you to read the privacy policies of the services before connecting to them.
‚ÄúDo Not Track‚Äù Signals
Some web browsers may transmit “do not track” signals to the websites and other online services with which the browser communicates. There is no standard that governs what, if anything, websites should do when they receive these signals. Refined Digital currently does not take action in response to these signals.
You have a number of choices about how we handle your information:
- You can access your registration information and any billing or shipping information and edit this information by visiting “My Account.”
- You can review your marketing preferences and make choices about how your information may be used to provide marketing offers to you. Note that these preferences do not apply to communications that are related to your registration with Refined Digital or the fulfillment of a specific transaction you have requested (for example, a service advisory from Refined Digital or an acknowledgment of a purchase order).
- Some of our Services also offer you the ability to manage and control information collected or used when you use these services.
Our Commitment to Security
Although no one can guarantee the security of the information collected and received, we do employ reasonable safeguards intended to mitigate the risk of unauthorized access or disclosure of this information.
If you have questions concerning our information practices with respect to children, or if you would like to review, have deleted, or stop the further collection of your child’s personal information, you may contact us:
- Refined Digital
- 714 W. Olympic Blvd. Ste. 604
- Los Angeles, CA 90015
- Phone: 800-570-1799
- Email Us Here
Refined Digital is based in the United States, and, regardless of where you use our Services or otherwise provide information to us, the information may be transferred to and maintained on servers located in the U.S. Please note that any information we obtain about you will be stored in accordance with U.S. privacy laws, regulations, and standards, which may not be equivalent to the laws in your country of residence. By using our Services or by providing us with your information, you consent to this collection, transfer, storage, and processing of information to and in the United States.